Are you an exceptional caregiver?
Join our team!
TheKey is currently hiring caregivers in San Diego and the San Francisco Bay Area to support clients with memory problems and cognitive decline.Apply to be a caregiver
Better Jobs for Better Caregivers
TheKey is a new service from Home Care Assistance, the country’s leading provider of premium in-home care. We offer personalized memory care at home for clients with cognitive impairment, Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia—and an unparalleled care experience for their families.
If you’re great at caring for others and want more consistent, long-term work in a safer home environment, we’d love to talk. We don’t require paid caregiving experience to apply. If you have the passion and human skills for the job, we have the training.
Make a real difference.
When you work for TheKey, you’ll get a feeling of satisfaction—and so much more.
We believe that caring for others is one of the most important jobs you can do. That’s why we treat our caregivers with respect, offer competitive wages, and provide our proprietary Advanced Cognitive Care Training.
- Specialized memory care training and career growth
- Competitive pay and opportunities for consistent hours
- Eligibility for employee health benefits*
- Tools and support for your success
- Care Plans designed by our in-house experts
- Team-based support to assist you
- Flexible part-time and full-time jobs on your schedule
- PPE, protocols, and best practices for COVID-19 safety
- * Benefits eligibility is dependent on the terms and conditions of the applicable benefit plan.
Best of the Best
We call our caregivers Memory Care Specialists because they’re special people with special training. Every caregiver we hire completes our Advanced Cognitive Care Training. This gives you confidence and prepares you to provide the best support for your clients.
Ready to take your career to the next level and become a Memory Care Specialist?Apply to be a caregiver
What do Memory Care Specialists do?
Our Care Specialists focus on the person—not the condition—and provide exceptional in-home care, helping clients with activities of daily living as well as cognitive stimulation and social engagement.
Support Daily Activities
- Medication reminders
- Grocery shopping and meal prep
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Personal care (dressing, bathing, toileting, incontinence support)
- Lifting and transferring
- Assistance with walking
Provide Cognitive Stimulation and Social Engagement
- Engage your client in cognitive exercises and brain games preloaded on TheKey iPad.
- Play your client’s favorite music and playlists to inspire joy and to comfort and calm.
- Coordinate photo sharing and video calls with their family members.
- Support cognitive and social activities based on their needs, capabilities, and things they enjoy.
- Help to bring feelings of joy and purpose to your client’s day, at every stage of illness.
We’re looking for experienced caregivers and also for people with a real passion for supporting others who have cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s, or other types of dementia—and a willingness to be trained.
- 3 + years of experience in care management or other relevant work experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Dementia care experience preferred but not required prior to our training
- Professionalism, a strong work ethic, and high standards of service
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills and experience using smartphone apps and technology
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check and drug test
- Current driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and willingness to travel to clients
Start your application today.
Home Care Assistance is building the best team of in-home memory care professionals to serve TheKey clients. Join us!
If you have questions about our application process or job requirements, send an email to [email protected] to reach a recruiting specialist.TheKey Memory Care Specialists are employees of Home Care Assistance. Home Care Assistance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a car to work for TheKey?
We require a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and current auto insurance so you can provide transportation for your clients.
Do I need a smartphone?
Owning a smartphone is not required but it would be helpful. You’ll be trained to use TheKey iPad so experience using mobile devices is preferred.
What kinds of shifts are available?
We have full-time, part-time, and overnight shifts available.
How often do you pay your caregivers?
We pay our Memory Care Specialists weekly and offer direct deposit as an option.
When I submit my application, where does it go?
Your application goes directly to our dedicated recruiting team who will review your application promptly.
When can I expect a response to my application?
We will contact you within 24 hours of your application submission.
If I need to fix my application, how do I update it?
Contact your recruiter or local Home Care Assistance office and they will help you update or make changes to your application.
Can I go into the office to apply?
Although our application process can be completed virtually, you can
also come into a local Home Care Assistance office if you need in-person
help to complete yours.
How do I find an office near me?
You can search our office locations on the Home Care Assistance website and apply directly.
Personal Data Opt-Out
TheKey does not sell personal information to third-parties. If you would like to exercise your right to opt out of data collection for advertising purposes, please email us at [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer
Home Care Assistance, together with all company affiliated entities, is an equal opportunity employer.
Home Care Assistance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.